- Rest. You may need to avoid exercise for several days or switch to an activity that doesn’t strain the Achilles tendon, such as swimming.
What exercises heal Achilles tendons?
- Sit in a chair, and extend your affected leg so that your heel is on the floor.
- With your hand, reach down and pull your big toe up and back. Pull toward your ankle and away from the floor.
- Hold the position for at least 15 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat 2 to 4 times a session, several times a day.
Is walking good for Achilles tendonitis?
You can help your Achilles tendon to recover by staying active but limiting your walking and other activities to a level that doesn’t aggravate your symptoms too much.
Should you stretch a sore Achilles tendon?
If you have Achilles tendonitis or other Achilles tendon issues, you can do stretches to help recovery. These moves improve mobility by loosening up the tendon. Strengthening exercises can also tone the calf and heel muscles attached to the tendon.