What foods Type 2 diabetics should avoid?
- high fat meat (fatty cuts of pork, beef, and lamb, poultry skin, dark meat chicken)
- full-fat dairy (whole milk, butter, cheese, sour cream)
- sweets (candy, cookies, baked goods, ice cream, desserts)
- sugar-sweetened beverages (juice, soda, sweet tea, sports drinks)
What foods can diabetics eat freely list?
- Beans. Kidney, pinto, navy or black beans are packed with vitamins and minerals such as magnesium and potassium.
- Dark green leafy vegetables.
- Citrus fruit.
- Fish high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Whole grains.
How many carbs should a Type 2 diabetic have per day?
People with diabetes can also benefit from diets that allow up to 26% of their daily calories to come from carbs. For people who eat 2,000–2,200 calories a day, this is equivalent to 130–143 grams of carbs ( 12 ). Since carbs raise blood sugar, reducing them to any extent can help you manage your blood sugar levels.