- Scrambled eggs.
- Fruit and yogurt smoothie.
- Hot cereals (e.g., Cream of Wheat, grits, oatmeal, porridge)
- Cottage cheese.
What foods should you avoid with TMJ?
- Gum and chewy or sticky candies.
- Bagels, crusty bread, and other chewy baked goods.
- Apples, carrots, and other hard fruits and vegetables.
- Chewy or tough meat.
- Hard nuts.
- Ice (put it in your drinks, use it in a cold compress for swelling, but don’t bite into it!)
How long should I be on a soft diet for TMJ?
Making Healthy and Tasty Choices on a Soft Food Diet. If you are suffering with TMJ, your jaw pain may make it hard to eat many different foods. Before you seek help, you might try eating a soft diet for a week or so to see how well it allows your muscles to relax and reduces your jaw pain.
What can you eat when your jaw locks?
If your jaw locks up, or chewing is simply too painful, you may need to adopt a liquid diet of smoothies, purees, and juices. Try to create a well-balanced meal within your drink of choice. Add plenty of leafy green vegetables, fruits, and experiment with add-ins like peanut butter, ginger, or protein powder.