- First, you need to know how many calories you eat (or want to eat) each day.
- Next, determine your ideal ratio.
- Then, multiply your total daily calories by your percentages.
- Finally, divide your calorie amounts by its calorie-per-gram number.
What is the best macro ratio for fat loss?
The best macros for fat loss
According to McMaster University research, a 5 : 3.5 : 1.5 ratio of carbs, protein and fat (when coupled with doing a four-week workout programme) can deliver healthy fat loss results. And in fact, perhaps better results than when reducing carbs and increasing protein.
What is the best free macro calculator?
- Macro Calculator (HealthyEater.com) Easy-to-use and offering quick results, while still retaining accuracy.
- Macro Calculator (Legion Athletics)
- Freedieting Nutrient Calculator.
- Macro Calculator (Katy Hearn Fit)
- Nutrition Calculator (Precision Nutrition)
How do you calculate exactly macros?
Jeor equation: Men: calories/day = 10 x weight (kg) + 6.25 x height (cm) – 5 x age (y) + 5. Women: calories/day = 10 x weight (kg) + 6.25 x height (cm) – 5 x age (y) – 161.