Strengthening exercises for the upper back muscles
- Infraspinatus exercise I.
- Standing shoulder exercise I.
- “Ostrich” exercise.
- Side plank I.
- Standing shoulder pull I.
- Shoulder pull.
What are 3 exercises that strengthen your back?
Read and learn about hide
15 best back exercises
- Resistance band pull-apart. Why it’s on the list: A great exercise to kick off your back workout, the resistance band pull-apart is simple but effective.
- Lat pulldown.
- Back extension.
- Suspended row.
- Wood chop.
- Good morning.
- Quadruped single-arm dumbbell row.
- Wide dumbbell bent-over row.
Which exercise is best for upper back pain?
Overhead arm reach
- Sit in a chair, facing forward, with your feet on the floor.
- Extend your right arm above your head and reach to the left. Bend your torso until you feel the stretch in your right lat and shoulder.
- Return to the starting position. Repeat 5 times, then do the same thing with your left arm.
How do I strengthen my upper back and shoulder blades?
Shoulder blade squeeze
- Sit or stand up tall with your arms at your sides.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed, not shrugged.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together. Hold for 6 seconds, then relax.
- Repeat 8 to 12 times.