- Deadlifts. First up, the king of all exercises, the deadlift.
- Lat Pulldowns. Next up, fire up your shoulder and back muscles with lat pulldowns!
- Bent-Over Rows.
- Bicep Curls.
- Dumbbell Pullover.
- Single-Arm Dumbbell Rows.
- Kettlebell Renegade Row.
What is a pull exercise?
Pull exercises are strength training movements that involve a concentric contraction—a shortening of the muscle while moving two connection points closer together. Examples of pull exercises include the biceps curl, hamstrings curl, and lat pull down.
What is pull workout good for?
In the “pull” workout you train all the upper body pulling muscles, i.e. the back and biceps. And in the “legs” workout you train the entire lower body, i.e. the quads, hamstrings, calves and abdominals. These three workouts are then alternated over however many weekly training sessions you choose to do.
What are some examples of the pull in exercise?
- Dumbbell bent-over row. Stand with your feet hip- to shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Pull-up. Grab a pull-up bar with an overhand grip that’s slightly wider than shoulder-width.
- Renegade row.
- Dumbbell biceps curl.
- Upright dumbbell row.
- Zottman curl.