- Eat 20–50 grams of carbs per day. This can encourage your body to produce ketones.
- Track your carb intake.
- Limit eating out at restaurants.
- Be aware of hidden carb sources.
- Increase your intake of high quality fats.
- Try intermittent fasting.
- Exercise more.
- Test your ketone levels regularly.
What is the first thing you do on keto diet?
Base your keto meals on meat, poultry, fish, eggs and other protein-rich foods. Include lots of leafy greens, non-starchy veggies, and salads. Use fats like olive oil for flavor and to fill in calories, if needed. Avoid sugary and starchy foods.
What is the fastest way to lose weight on keto?
Fasting is the best way to lose weight faster on keto. It helps you decrease your daily calorie consumption & reduces your insulin, all with relative ease. If you’re a beginner to fasting, I recommend starting 18/6 intermittent fasting to get used to it. After losing around 20 pounds on keto, I stopped losing weight.
What should I eat my first week of keto?
- Cut out potatoes, pasta, bread, rice, grains, beans, and sugar and don’t eat too many fruits.
- Eat whatever you want for meats, eggs, vegetables, cheese, nuts, avocados, and fats.
- Eat meat, nuts, and cheese for snacks.