How do you start a high-protein diet?
- Eat your protein first.
- Snack on cheese.
- Replace cereal with eggs.
- Top your food with chopped almonds.
- Choose Greek yogurt.
- Have a protein shake for breakfast.
- Include a high protein food with every meal.
- Choose leaner, slightly larger cuts of meat.
What foods do you avoid on a high-protein diet?
- Meats like chicken, turkey, beef and pork.
- Fish and shellfish.
- Legumes, including beans, peas and lentils.
- Dairy products like milk, cheese and yogurt.
- Soy products like tofu, tempeh and natto.
- Nuts like walnuts, almonds and pistachios.
- Seeds like chia seeds, flaxseeds and hemp seeds.
Can you lose weight off a high-protein diet?
Eating a high-protein diet can cause weight loss, even without calorie counting, portion control or carb restriction. A modest increase in protein intake can also help prevent weight regain.