This exercise will teach you to recognise and reduce muscle tension. You can relieve tension in any part of your body just by tensing and relaxing each muscle in turn. Sitting in a comfortable chair: Close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing. Slowly breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.
What are the three main types of relaxation exercises?
Read and learn about hide
There are 3 major types of relaxation techniques:
- Autogenic training. This technique uses both visual imagery and body awareness to move a person into a deep state of relaxation.
- Progressive muscle relaxation.
- Guided imagery.
What exercises relax muscles?
3. Relax your muscles
- Sit in a quiet and comfortable place.
- Use your hand to make a tight fist.
- Hold your squeezed fist for a few seconds.
- Slowly open your fingers and be aware of how you feel.
- Continue tensing and then releasing various muscle groups in your body, from your hands, legs, shoulders, or feet.
How can I relax during exercise?
Breathing exercise reduces stress
- Breathe in slowly and deeply, pushing your stomach out so that your diaphragm is put to maximal use.
- Hold your breath briefly.
- Exhale slowly, thinking “relax.”
- Repeat the entire sequence five to 10 times, concentrating on breathing deeply and slowly.