- Best Overall: BalanceFrom GoCloud All-Purpose Extra Thick Exercise Mat.
- Best for Small Home Gyms: Wellnessmats® Fitness Mats.
- Best for Fitness Classes: Nike Training Mat 2.0.
- Best for Travel: Gaiam Yoga Mat Folding Travel Fitness & Exercise Mat.
- Best Floor Cover: BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat.
Is an exercise mat worth it?
Exercise mats can help stabilize your body and prevent you from slipping on a slick floor. If support and safety is your number one concern when working out, you may want an exercise mat. Exercises mat are not necessary for a workout, but they are preferred by many people.
Is there a difference between a yoga mat and an exercise mat?
A yogamat has a better surface structure than a fitness mat. With yoga, you often have to hold certain postures and for that you need more grip on the mat. So the mat has a rougher structure. Because you usually sweat a little more with fitness, a fitness mat is smoother, making it easy to clean.
What is the point of a workout mat?
Workout mats provide a comfortable surface for working out that can prevent slipping and injuries. Many different workout mats are available to buy online, so people should be able to find one suitable for their needs.